Mercy College is a culturally diverse, Kindergarten to Year 12, Catholic co-educational College. In order to preserve the Catholic ethos of the College, numbers of students other than Catholic are restricted.
Parents of Non-Catholic students need to be aware that they are expected to support the philosophy of the College and that formal religious education classes are an integral part of the Curriculum for all students.
The usual intake years are Kindergarten and Year Seven.
The enrolment process is the following:
- Parents obtain an ‘Enrolment Application Form’ from the Main College Office (Beach Rd) or from our website using the forms below.
- Parents complete and return the Enrolment Application Form, together with the non-refundable Application Fee of $50 either to the College office, or submit online. Please include photocopies of the student’s birth certificate, baptism certificate, most recent school report, NAPLAN report, and for students born overseas, a copy of their passport including Visa and date of entry stamp. For Australian born students who have both parents born overseas, please also provide VISA or citizenship documents for parents. Documents can be scanned and emailed to email@example.com. Please note, applications cannot be processed without these documents.
- Parents and students are invited to attend an interview at the College and sign an Enrolment agreement.
- The Principal advises all applicants of the success or otherwise of their applications.
- To secure your child’s enrolment, parents must return the acceptance advice and pay a fee (see below) within four weeks of receipt of offer.
- $500 for a Year 7 – 12 enrolment
- $250 for a Kindergarten – Year 6 enrolment
- * Health Care Card or Pensioner Concession Card Holders shall be charged $100 per child.
- This amount will be deducted from your child’s first term school fees.The Principal must be given notice in writing by 1st October (the year prior to commencement), to withdraw a student (a non-refundable $100 administration fee will be kept, with the balance of the enrolment charge refunded). Without such notice, the full payment received will be forfeited.
- Parents will be required to attend an information session prior to the year of admission.
Numbers for each class are set by the College Administration in accordance with the guidelines established by the Catholic Education Office. If there are vacancies the following priorities are observed:
- Catholic students from Catholic schools with a Parish Priest reference
- Catholic students from non-Catholic schools with a Parish Priest reference.
- Other Catholic students from Catholic schools
- Other Catholic students from non-Catholic schools
- Siblings of non-Catholic students
- Non-Catholic students from Catholic schools
- Non-Catholic students from other Christian denominations
- Other Non-Catholic students
*Aboriginal students shall be given enrolment preference where possible and practicable.
Decisions regarding the acceptance or otherwise of an application are taken at the discretion of the Principal.